Monday, May 23, 2011

Do You Truly Follow After Him?

Perhaps it is time to ask ourselves this question: What are we doing?

Do we have the compassion of Christ as His child? Do we have a measure of the Lord's compassion in our lives at all times? Are our hearts drawn to the oppressed as was the Lord's?

Yes, in this busy, burdened down generation, we seem to ignore the reasons we are here on this earth in the first place. We find in His Word that we are to have compassion, and be willing to pay the price for it in our lives.

I don't know about you but I must strive to avoid the words the Master will speak to the (goats) in the day of reckoning: "Depart from Me, you who are cursed. . .For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger and you didn’t take Me in; I was naked and you didn’t clothe Me, sick and in prison and you didn’t take care of Me. Then they too will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or without clothes, or sick, or in prison, and not help You?’ Then He will answer them, I assure you: Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me either.”

Lord help us all to be as sheep, following your voice - and desiring to have your spirit of compassion at all times.

No comments: