Friday, November 19, 2010

What Will Remain?

These pictures speak a thousand words, showing the remains of buildings in Drawbridge (formerly, Saline City, which is located at the south end of the San Francisco Bay). Drawbridge was known as a hunting village but by 1979 it had become a ghost town. Today if you travel the area, you will see the old dilapidated buildings slowly sinking into the marshlands. It is an example of what some men call progress, while others call it rejection.

Seeing this old town once again made me to think, could this happen to the Apostolic Truths of today? Will our wonderful heritage be abandoned in favor of flasher, more modern structures? God help us all to preserve this precious Truth that was one day built to house our spiritual being.

3 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I've been think along these lines this week with the loss of Bro. Becton. I don't want to turn my back on what they worked so hard to build.

Notions from Nonny said...

After Bro. Morton's message at WCC, I too have been thinking about this and talking with our people.

Here a little, there a little, changes are being made to our precious Apostolic Doctrine. I want my grand children, and their children to see the what Bro. Terry, Bro. Morton, and others like them, contended for. We cannot let this precious truth slip away.

Hoping you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love,
Frances

Karen J. Hopper said...

@ Frances.
Somehow I can't get into your blog comments when I am on my laptop. Have not a clue why so hoping this message finds its way to you. May you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love you!