Monday, November 9, 2009

"i" Almost Everything


Give me a break! Seems that "i" am electronically connected to function through life.

What makes me think that? Well, I electronically email, make money transfers, pay bills, search, Google, Craig’s list, set my calendar/tasks, manage my blog, Bible read, order prescriptions, research medical concerns, run an eBay store, do Paypal, set up forms, write letters, send greeting cards, check real estate properties/values, buy garden supplies, create slideshows, store photo albums, listen/download music, read the news, visit church web sites, make travel reservations of all kinds, check weather, check the time, order clothing, oversee jury duty, check local gas prices, find product values & print coupons, buy postage stamps, create prepaid shipping labels, order PO package pick-up, play games, and more.

One thing I can’t do electronically is, PRAY - however, someone will definitely try to accommodate such but iPray and/or iPrayer just won’t work. Prayer is an act of my spirit reaching toward the Heavens, and me being connected to the Lord without the help of electronics. So thankful that there's no "ctrl alt shift" keys needed here! And if the electricity goes out, I've still got the spiritual power to reach Him through prayer.

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

So true! I love being able to take care of tasks electronically, but "iLiving" isn't the same as going out and living a meaningful life.

Just a thought said...

Thank you for a great point this morning. Jesus is not attached to our form of digital operation. He still requires a PERSONAL connection!

Mervi

Notions from Nonny said...

So glad God isn't as dependable as our computer!! :o)

Take care!!

Carol Connell said...

Amen to that! What a privilege it is to be able to have a connection with God 24/7 that does not hinge on technology. Knee mail has been around a lot longer than e-mail!