Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Angel Awareness Week

I would like to declare this as Angel Awareness Week (or at least what’s left of it). Why not? There is an Awareness Day or Week for everything else - and it being the Christmas Season, what better time to recognize angels. The angels of which I speak are not ones with halos and wings nor affixed to the front of Christmas cards or in department store displays. My angels are flesh-and-blood and walk into our lives daily.

I always get excited as to where and when my angel will make an appearance. My angel may knock at my door offering a surprise visit, call on the phone to have a chat, or send a “love” note, card or letter. In any case, it will be a message conveying the sincereness of genuine concern for me and mine.

My angel may visit with the nod of a warm greeting while in a crowd, graciously make a path for me to maneuver my cart through an aisle, or offer their chair for me to sit down. My angels also love to visit church. They are there to greet me, encourage me, give comfort, and just plain show their care for my keeping. At times, they speak through the Word, or sing a beautiful song that touches my heart and I feel heaven has touched earth. The ways my angels visit are so varied and so unique that I don’t dare take the time to list them all because I'd never complete my post.

If you still don’t believe that we entertain angels, just take another look at your children and grandchildren. These angels provide blessings beyond measure, and their heavenly communication could only come from above. Need I say more?

During Angel Awareness Week may love lead us to our angels. In fact, better yet, let’s reverse the role and be an angel ourself.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a great idea! Some many people popped in my head as I read this... some good friends, some people I don't really know at all... but all angels shining His love. I want to be an angel to someone to... I'll keep this in mind all week long!

Jana Allard said...

Years ago, we had a foreign exchange student, Lionel, from Belgium. He received the Holy Ghost while at a youth rally and he was the nicest kid. Bryce was about five years old and Lionel loved to read to Bryce. We all were amazed at how he and Bryce were so connected. When summer came, Lionel returned to Belgium and was killed by a reckless driver while riding his bike to a summer job. My dad and Brian flew to Belgium for the funeral and the services were held at Bryce Cathedral. Isn't that strange? My dad always said we had entertained an angel unaware. He often wished later that he would have been aware.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Rochelle,
I even visualize an angel of yours, by the name of Keilani. Her smile gives way to her heavenly influence.

Jana,
What an honor when God finds us worthy to entertain an angel. This angel visit will live on in your family's hearts and act as an eternal blessing. Thank you for sharing this beautiful, touching truth.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I love angels stories. Have you ever seen an angel?

What you are saying, "be an angel" fits my way if thinking. I've had people be "angels" to me, right on time.
Great post.

God bless you

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
Yes, I have been blessed to entertain angels at various times in my life. Sometimes they come unaware, and I believe that we never recognize some as such. You have a heavenly Christmas - and may your angels bring blessings to you and yours.

Rochelle said...

Your reply to my comment made me smile. Thank you. :)