Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Well, Shut My Mouth

"Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips” Psalm 141:3

Ever put your foot in your mouth? Days come when no (or few) words fair far better than a mouth full of nothing. It's days like those where it seems that no matter what you say, it is of little (or no) benefit.

Tomorrow, I've decided to just listen - listen for that small, still voice. It is The Voice that never says anything unless it is of value. Speak to me Lord.

Well, shut my mouth - I’ll talk with you later.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh!! How cute! That almost makes me want another puppy... but that will NOT last for long! :) And how true your post is. I have done my share of Open Mouth Insert Foot action. It is wonderful when we can be still and hear His voice.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Rochelle, Isn't His voice such a comfort? When all is still, and our hearts are open, we receive words that strengthen us and add substance to our very being.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sooooo cute!!! Hope to get a new puppy some day. My dog looked juste like that almost 15 years ago. A bit bigger though. She is a Rottweiler-Pitbull (short hair- markings of a Rott) she thinks she's a lap dog - and a big baby.
I'm going thru the process about the Open Mouth thing. I can't stand myself when I do it.
God's voice to my heart... strength for tomorrow.

Kevin Hopper said...

Great post! I laughed when I saw this cute picture. Wouldn't this world be a better place if more people were slow to speak and thereby would also be slow to anger as well? Blessings to you and the family!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Good point about the anger issue. The tongue certainly has the ability to destroy. Blessings back to you, Judi and Curtis.