Monday, May 4, 2009

Feel Sorry for Us?

Guess what? Yep, medical testing again for my husband in San Francisco so last week we decided to take the scenic route up Highway One from Morro Bay to Monterey before crossing over to go on into SF. Here's a little of what we was available for our eyes to see, our noses to smell, and our ears to hear. Don't you feel sorry for us? (LOL) This Highway One trip took five hours due to all the road work. Many parts of the road were settling, and CalTrans was fixing those areas while stabilizing the rock slide areas with new netting. We had delays in five locations, and each stop was great as it gave us time to truly see everything in that area. You know, beauty lies in some of the most unexpected areas.

Well, after thinking about our adventure all I can say is, God made so much beauty for our enjoyment and it helps bring us closer to Him. What a wonderful creation the Lord has made - and all in seven days. Definitely He is the I AM.


Hmm...when we get ready to go home - should we go back the same way to take another look? Well, if we do, I want my Highway One journey to start at Half Moon Bay (through Santa Cruz) and then onto Monterey to suck in additional ocean air and see more coastal sights. Oh such a decision that we must make. Pitiful, huh?

9 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. And yes, I feel soo sorry for you... lol

Kathy McElhaney said...

Some of my favorite parts of the world! We're ordering ocean front mansions, right?

Just a thought said...

The trip up or down highway 1 is not designed for a road race or a quick trip. It is there to be enjoyed and savored. The beauty is such as can only be found on the rugged coast of California. Yes, it is one of those little blessing for being a Californian.

Mervi

Tracie Smith said...

Beautiful! We are thinking about vacationing in California. Which will include renting a convertible and taking a scenic road trip. Enjoy a blessed week!

April Renee said...

Oh my heart is bleeding for you!!! NOT!! haha
Really, I am glad you have
this time together!!
I'm sure it beats our Christian School field trips to S.F. big smile!!
Hugs to you both

Karen J. Hopper said...

To All,
Wish you all could have come along. What a clearing of "cobwebs" and lifting of spirits those coastal miles offer.

Tracie,
You and hubby will truly enjoy this portion. However I love the whole California coast, and most of Oregon's. I'm just a coastal person, that's for sure.

Gayla said...

I LOVE travelling Hwy 1 in my convertible with the top down! It takes me quite a while too, because I stop to take so many pictures. I love that drive.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Gayla,
It is a photo bug's paradise. Sounds like so much fun to travel via convertible.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Gayla,
It is a photo bug's paradise. Sounds like so much fun to travel via convertible.