Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's Camp Meeting Time


Long ago when but a child at old camp meeting time

How my heart did leap for joy to hear the old bells chime
Callin’ all the saints of God into the house of prayer
Oh such prayin’, singin’, shoutin’ for the Lord was there

I like the old time
Preachin’, prayin, singin’, shoutin’
I like the old time readin’ of God’s words
I like to hear those old time, Hallelujahs, glory
I like the old time worship of the Lord

Preachers in those good old days was filled with holy flame
Preachin’ for the souls of men and not for worldly fame
Under such old fashioned preachin’, sinners fell to pray

And the Lord wound save ’em in the good old fashioned way

In these latter days they say that there’s no use to pray
All we need is to think religion ’tis a better way
But I’m glad to tell you brother, Jesus saves from sin
In the old time way He saves me now He dwells within


Exciting time of the year.
Western District Camp Meeting, Santa Maria CA - August 3-7
A time for preaching, praying, shouting, singing, reading God's Word, and hallelujahs - oh glory, a time of worship to the Lord!

6 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Look forward to this time of refreshing.

Gayla said...

Rats!! I have to miss it this year. Gotta' work..... Well, in this day and time, I guess I should say, I "get" to work!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Gayla,
Are you going to SoCal Camp Meeting? We "get" to this year. Hate it that friends are now so scattered but it gives us more places to go. Wish you could be here. Last night's message from Bro. Mullings was awesome.

Gayla said...

When and where is SoCal Camp Meeting? If I can, I might go...

Karen J. Hopper said...

Gayla,
It's 8/25-28 in Costa Mesa, at Orange Co Fair & Event Center.

For details, go to www.socalupci.org/Camp_Meeting.php

April Renee said...

See you on Friday!!!!!