Friday, September 25, 2009

When He Visits



This thought has been with me for quite some time now, so here's my penning to express.

When He visits what shall I say?
Will I have words of wisdom?
……..or words that ultimately decay?
Will I offer phrases definably spoken?
……..or devaluing ones as an unwanted token?

When He visits how will I behave?
With an illustration of gladness
……..or with a countenance most grave?
Will I step forward a welcome to bid
……..or will I in the background remain hid?

When He visits will I shout for joy?
Happy to see the One I adore
………or will I an excuse employ?
For will my soul tranquility enrapture?
………or will I never timelessness capture?

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Beautifully written. I want to be ready for His visit!

April Renee said...

That was wonderful!!!
He can visit anytime, I wanna be ready!!!

Carol Connell said...

Very nicely written, Karen.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Kathy, April & Carol,
Thank you.