Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Lighthouse that Guides


While living in the Bay Area, there was a small lighthouse just about a half-mile up the coast from us - both it and our house were cradled along the shores of Seal Cove. Every night the lighthouse's beam would dance across the waters directing vessels along their course or giving warning to those etching too close to shore.

Our lives are like the sea, either turbulent or peaceful. Oft times we drift along in life's circumstances and are unaware that we are moving too close to possible danger. I am so thankful that God's Lighthouse warns us before we shipwreck and offers us a course of safety. How wonderful is His guiding light that brings assurance and serenity to our very being.

3 comments:

Kevin Hopper said...

As the old song says "Thank God for the lighthouse". Because without the light of God showing us the way, where would we be? Thanks Aunt Karen for the reminder!

Jana Allard said...

Lighthouses have always intrigued me. I love the pics you posted.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Kevin,
Thanks for your comment. Isn't wonderful to know that our Lighthouse acts as love's grace - and never fails.

Jana,
I love lighthouses. In fact, I have several watercolor and oil paintings of them. To me, they depict strength and direction. Glad you love the pics - took some hunting to find what I thought were just the right ones.