Friday, November 2, 2007

What's In A Name?

(Well, here I go. Brand new blogger at age 68. See, miracles never cease. This endeavor has made me so excited? nervous? that I don't know whether to laugh, cry or throw up. Seriously, I am grateful to have opportunity to be a "voice". Only hope you will allow me share it with you occasionally.)

Why did I pick the name A Jewel Divinely Rare? To me, it depicts the nature of a woman. Proverbs 31 makes mention of the various abilities and talents of a virtuous woman and how her "price is far above rubies". This blog was created for special women - special on more than Mother's Day or any holiday. And to strengthen our beliefs and share our passions because we are women. (I'm sorry, men are welcome too.)

We are jewels - please don't forget that. A jewel divinely rare has patience until all hope is exhausted, then continues hoping beyond all hope. It protects without suffocating, and rebukes without destroying. A jewel divinely rare gives without expecting. It finds peace in its strength, and it truly forgives.

A jewel divinely rare cries, laughs, works, prays, and plays. By God's grace may you and I be one of these special divinely appointed jewels.

(Now that wasn't so hard - if I can quit shaking I'll be just fine. Hope you come back soon because at my age, when it comes to thoughts, my cup runneth over.)






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job, Mom! Welcome to the world of blogging!

Jana Allard said...

What a wonderful post! It certainly does not sound like a beginner thought. Welcome to our blog world.

Linda Elms said...

Karen...WELCOME! I enjoyed reading your beautiful post and so glad you joined us. I sure didn't know you were reading my blog. Blogging is so much fun for me. I love staying in contact with family, friends and reconnecting with those I have lost contact with. You'll get hooked if you're not careful! :) I'll be checking back to read your "thoughts".

Debbie Pryor said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I truly enjoyed your post.

Karla said...

Sis. Hopper?! How awesome to reconnect through the internet after all these years!! I think of y'all often and remember incredible summers swimmng in your pool - running in and out of the house to grab something to eat. Good times!! Stop by our blog sometime and catch up on what's going on in my life.

Karla

Karen J. Hopper said...

Thank you all. Appreciate your kind words. Sorry I didn't send responses sooner but just figured this thing out (i.e., how to leave comments), and it only took me 10 days to do so. Yikes! Hope I catch on to other blogging techniques quicker than that.