Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Is Nature the Only One Aware?




Upon looking at the beauty and strength of our creation, and then looking at our world as it stands today with what mankind has established in it, I cannot help but wonder Is Nature The Only One Aware? Has man become so involved in events that it has become oblivious to the happenings surrounding us? We walk each day in Creation's glory, smelling, seeing, hearing, and speaking - and yet we get so familiar with its sights and sounds that we forget to really see the beauties of His Universe. Lord, let me reacquaint myself with your Creation (perhaps my thoughts below best reflect what I am trying to say).

Look to the hills, to the many groupings of trees,
Varieties staunchly together, branches touching
Their limbs as arms stretching into billowy clouds
Strength is represented in this tranquil space.

In the field, stand congregations of flowery bouquets.
Each bloom, once a small seed, now a mass of petals
Daises and lilacs mixed among roses - all dance in unison
Floral fragrances delivering sweet smelling perfume.

The seas' waters move in a myriad of configurations,
A body, though vast, seemingly merging collectively
Idealistically its destiny is to meet as one at shore’s edge
Integrating the wave, the foam, the tidal pools, and the stilling.

Above, winged creatures glide effortlessly through the galaxy,
With space giving way for each to fly in untangled patterns
Wings of equality, graphic interpretations of ascent and descent
No altercation eminent, freedom will survive.

Is nature the only one truly aware of life’s meaning?
Understanding the need for all men to meet in brotherhood
Bringing the legitimatises of charity into our hearts
Allowing us to become one in purpose, spirit and desire.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Beautiful post Sister Hopper.

Just a thought said...

I to have a fondness for the shutter bug. To just sit on the side of a hill or watch the side of a building as the sun moves across it. To how the item I am looking at changes right before my human eyes. The beauty which our CREATOR has placed here and the way it moves and changes not just hour by hour but the seasons He has given us.

Great pictures!

Mervi

iluv2prshim said...

I said just the other day that I don't want to get so familiar with living here in this beautiful country that I don't notice anymore. The hills, ocean, trees, etc. are so beautiful and it reminds me (when I take the time to enjoy) just how great my God is. :)

Rochelle said...

I miss snorkeling and seeing the starfish. I guess it is a little too easy for me to forget to appreciate His creation over sea level... but when I get under the water I feel so close to Him!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Megan,
Thank you.

Mervi,
God has given us beautiful scenery to enjoy if we will but take the time. And we can "snap" pics to keep as reminders. Love His creation. And not only scenery but the beauty of someone filled with His spirit. That's a beautiful picture too.

Ronda,
You have Monterey and Big Sur right there. Oh I love the beauty of Highway 1 as it winds along the ocean. And then there is (oh well, you live in one of the most beautiful areas in California, and what is not at your fingertips is only a few hours away).

Rochelle,
I have trouble with the idea of being enclosed inside anything, including under water. However, I love going to the aquariums to see all the sea creatures. Imagine it is exciting to swim along beside them but I must pass on that one.

DeadMule said...

Beautiful photos, Karen. Yes, sometimes nature is the only one who "gets it." Examples make people mad. Like when you suggest that 11% of the population is gay. Nature "gets it," but people jerk out the Bible and head for the Concordance. LOL Helen

DeadMule said...

not sure I said that right. Helen

Karen J. Hopper said...

Helen,
Your comment is right on. If man would take a back seat, and let nature speak to them - can you imagine the difference in the climate in this old world.