Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Mirror Experience


Declare His Glory in Your Countenance

Psalm 19, verse 1, reads: "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork." How much more that we than the heavens declare His glory to others. Surely, we are His voice but what about our countenance? Does it reflect the testimony of the Lord?

My prayer: "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." And may I add, let my countenance be such that others would desire to know Him.

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cute picture! And I love this text!! This is my prayer too!

Jana Allard said...

I couldn't even get into the text because I kept cracking up at that picture. I've seen some hairdo's at youth convention that resembled that bird's do. LOL Thanks for the great laugh.

Kevin Hopper said...

Great picture! If some people could only see how they look to others or better yet if they could see themselves through Gods eyes!

They would be shocked!

Rochelle said...

Now that you mention it, I've seen this hairdo too! lol!!

Caroline (Jane) said...

You come up with the coolest pictures!
I like the sriptures too! I'm afraid my face has not reflected much lately that would make anyone want to run to Jesus. I need to work on that. Thanks for the reminder.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Rochelle,
Love the scripture too. It fits every phase of life. That is, if we let it.

Jana,
Now that I think of it, the hairdo is familiar.

Kevin,
It is hard to see ourselves as we really are. We have this inborn nature to think we are better than we actually are.

Caroline,
I love finding pictures to fit my thoughts. If they are nature ones, usually I was able to snap them. I'll work on my countenance too.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Good job again with the picture! Let me look and see if I'm reflecting the message that we preach...
You are causing me to reflect.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
Thank you.