Sunday, March 2, 2008

Not "I" But "He"

The last little while my soul has been restless, and today I would like to release my thoughts in my little territory of blogging. Our world is reeling, and the events that surround us are troublesome. The scripture speaks of when He returns, "will there be faith?" Those words echo in my mind night and day. Faith! Good old-fashioned believing. No, that could never happen. Why, Faith has been and always will be with us. Right?

Just take a look at our society - most are putting their desires first. It is a place of where humans are becoming special gods within themselves. It is the "I" generation, where being number one is more important than following God's leading. Many want to be the leader, the "star" - oblivious to the sights and sounds that surround them. All desire, hope, and aspiration is in one's self. Take count of those you personally know who have turned away unto themselves, feeling no need of accountable to anyone but self. Their prayers tell God what they plan to do, never asking God what He wants done. Thereby, losing the Faith, because to them, they have the ability to care for their circumstances.

This concerns me; for it is so easy to say with my mouth that I love Him, but those are just words. What about my heart condition? Is my heart saying that I love Him? Oh, may I not be consumed with my own agenda that I lose sight of what the Lord desires. Bible scripture calls those who desire their own ways, "wandering stars" destined for "outer darkness". I must be careful not to elevate myself to shine in this life; for if I do, I could become a "star" wandering in this life but in eternity being placed in outermost obscurity.

My prayer today, and every day, must be that the "I" has no control over me but that "He" is my "I am."

7 comments:

Kevin Hopper said...

Aunt Karen I spoke to a young minister that came to me tonight for some advice along this same line.

We need to know right where we stand and we need to be planted in His word. Like a tree planted by the water that shall not be moved !

Tracie Smith said...

Awesome! Kent challenged our leaders @ our annual planning session in January to remove the "I". It's "e" in HE and "e" in the leadership t"e"am. It is so inspiring for me to read that God is dealing with so many to draw nearer.

Anonymous said...

My heart's prayer beats with yours today, that the "I" in me would always submit to the "I AM".

DeadMule said...

Hi Karen, Good post.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Kevin,
When we get "I" out the way, "He" certainly can work - can't "He"?

Tracie,
It is a blessing to get this confirmation.

Shannon,
Isn't it wonderful that "He" is "I Am"?

Helen,
Thank you.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Great post.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
Thanks.