Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Is My "House" Built to Code?

"For every house is built by some man;

but He that built all things is God." Hebrews 3:4


A friend sent me this picture via email. Crazy as it seems, it immediately reminded me of how easy it would be to let my spiritual house get out of control by not following the building codes found in the Creator's Book. Think I'll take another look at my "house" to make sure it is securely built to code. Don't want to be found in violation of the Lord's Master Plan for my life.

7 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

LOL! Got to stay in the book if we don't want our life to look a mess like this picture.

Anonymous said...

I like your spiritual connection. You are so good at being able to look at a photo and relate it to a spiritual thought. That doesn't happen to me. Maybe it's a gift. Hmmmmm...

When I clicked on the photo to enlarge it, the title of it came up: "Redneck mansion". HA! HA! HA!!!

Tracie Smith said...

I laughed @ the pic but loved the spiritual application. You find the greatest pictures!

Rochelle said...

Oh dear!! What a mess! And I, like everyone else, think this was a great spiritual analogy!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I too love the spiritual application. I guess some would be comfortable with these living arrangements. But when the building inspector shows up... I'd rather make the necessary changes to be up to code - whatever it takes!
BTW You do find the most interesting pictures.

Kevin Hopper said...

A very funny picture but a very serious thought! Great post!

Karen J. Hopper said...

To You All,
Thanks for your comments. They were all GREAT. Can you believe that such a picture exists? It was too good not to use.