Wednesday, November 5, 2008

At Last - Completion!

Many of you may remember the day when reports and essays were just that. Three or four pages normally was par at outlining what was learned from a book or other subject matter. That was yesteryear. School projects now require dioramas to be added to the reports/essays. I think it is great because I love creative things and am happy that my granddaughters have a creative touch. I’d like to share Madison and Cassidy’s offerings.

Cassidy did a report on the Algonquin Native Americans, which were famous for their birch bark canoes. The diorama, which was required, is in the shape of a canoe. My son made the canoe out of pine, and then he and Cassidy glued the birch veneer onto it.

Madison had an essay/diorama on Eleanor of Aquitaine who was the queen of France and England as well as the mother of Richard the Lionhearted. Her husband imprisoned her for 16 years because she supported her son in the Revolt against the husband. The diorama is complete with a medieval stained glass cross and a stained glass window.

Great Job Madi and Cassie. I know these were projects that went late into the night, and the looks on your faces after finishing them shows the excitement of completion.

5 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Great projects! When my children were younger projects and book reports were always a favorite. Thanks for sharing you brought back lots of happy memories.

Kathy McElhaney said...

Thanks for sharing. I needed to see smiling faces this morning! Loved the Pumpkin day pics, too.

Anonymous said...

Awww...those are AWESOME! Mom needs to keep them forever! :D

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Nowadays it's my grandchildren too. Time does go fast. These projects bring back great memories of schooldays.

Jana Allard said...

AWESOME!!! Nothing less than an A+ if I was their teacher!