Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mourn Harp, Weep Organ

A number of years ago, during a very trying time in my life, I fell across scripture speaking of The Mourning of the Harp, the Organ to Weeping. This wonderful set of scripture intrigued me. My world was crushed, my spirit broken, and I had no place to hide. All I could do was throw myself into His Word (and prayer) - that is, if I wanted to have joy once more. Perhaps, I am speaking to someone whose world has exploded into tiny pieces, and you doubt you will ever genuinely possess joy again. I am here to tell you, it can happen.

Mourning, weeping comes for a season, and sometimes several seasons. It is a time, if we permit, to enter into the presence of Our Lord. Then when the harp and organ unite in harmonious bonding, there is an encouragement, a promise of a better day. Here below is a poem I penned after the loss of two precious pieces of my heart. I thought I would never smile again...in fact, I don't think I even wanted to but after holding to His precious Word, and looking to life as He sees best, I was able to find joy once again. We must just believe, and listen for the sounds of the harp and organ uniting in purpose and love.

Enter into the tabernacle of praise,
Sacred, filled with reality’s organized tones.
Musical arrangements presenting a unified theme,
Sounds aesthetically tailored for the soul’s ear,
Connecting rhythmic beats in harmonious composition.
A potpourri mixture of melody’s beauty and grace.

Stringed instruments make joyful announcements,
Exhilaration freed by the radiance of nature.
Horns blast forth messages of major triumphs,
Leaving little doubt as to cherished conquests.
Percussion’s ensemble patiently anticipates its turn
To shatter incarcerations of unwanted darkness.

On the platform, spaced close to the wall,
An instrument of heavenly tones awaits introduction.
A golden harp, its opened frame positioned upright, desiring
To unveil creation through touches on graded string lengths.
Forty-six special cords will meet in unique expression.
From its secluded corner, what message will it propose?

Must the harp alone deliver suffering in strains of agony?
Nay, it will be joined by a soul mate, the organ.
For as the harp mourns, its faithful companion too will cry out,
Lending support to the plucking of designated sorrow.
The organ’s methodical tones placidly filtering the air,
While ivory keys act as agents in charge of suppressed spirits.

The harp and the organ will bond in the unity of soul searching,
Presenting the secrets of strength and endurance.
For as the harp mourns in chords of intimate rejection,
The organ weeps in anguish bore of the flesh,
Their sounds saying that they have found a common ground
Their persistent longing in darkness will bring jubilation at dawn.

“Weeping may endure for the night but Joy comes in the morning…”

7 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Beautiful! If I were in that place today I would be overwhelmed with your post. I am certain this will minister deeply to someone.

Just a thought said...

These comments can only come from a person who has been through the rigorous training of life. Life is not easy and there are times when it STOPS making any sense or reason. Yet, to keep praying and crying on, knowing that our Lord will once more return harmony to our life.

God’s sweetest blessings to you and your family;

Mervi

Kathy McElhaney said...

Sis. Hopper,
I understand your losses, I've had my share. I've been through the days of coming through the pain, wondering how I can have faith again. But God. What He does is always right, even when we are merely walking on in the darkness. So glad that Joy comes.
Love you!

Susan Hill said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks!

Gayla said...

Sis Hopper you have no idea how much I needed this (I won't go into detail). Sis Smith's comments were correct. It was for me...Thank you.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you for this post, one thing and only one thing can bring us thru - Jesus is that One thing.

Karen J. Hopper said...

To All,
Thank you for your comments.

Gayla,
You are in thoughts and prayers. You have withstood many a storm, and been an example to so many of us. You are an amazing woman. Joy will come again.