Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gold & Silver


There is much meaning in this little line of verse. As for Silver and Gold I do not have any available today, but Words I can write.

What a cherished picture in the heart to behold,
visions of silver filled with apples of pure gold.

Intricately woven, each piece hung in prominent display,
applauding luscious delights picked along life's way.

What words do the silver and gold say?
Perhaps offering refined twistings of extraordinary inlay.

Reflections mirrored prominently on polished wood,
a craftsman's plan needing to be understood.

Observing unblemished fruit, the color of the sun,
in choice frames illustrating the proper use of our tongue.

For we must speak wisely so no one's spirit is broken,
APPLES OF GOLD IN PICTURES OF SILVER,
an expression of words fitly spoken.

Lord, may the pictures I hang on the walls of my heart be created by the use of wise words that will not hurt or destroy anyone. Amen

3 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Great post on one of my favorite Scriptures. Did you write this poem, Karen? It is beautiful.

April Renee said...

Beautiful, Sis. Hopper!
How true that is....
Words can curse or bless someone.
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, Oh Lord..."

Karen J. Hopper said...

Carol,
Yes, I did write the poem. Thank you. I too love the scripture. It was my inspiration.

April,
Thank you. I want to be acceptable.