Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Dear Deer

It's Deer Season in Belmont California

This is the sight my granddaughters, Madi & Cassie, and their mom Barbara saw on their way home from school Monday. Can you believe this buck stationed right behind their house in the hills of Belmont's city limits? Wonder if this guy is looking to be recruited to work for Santa, or maybe he will consider staying around until the holidays so the girls can use him as a Christmas decoration for their yard.

BTW, this guy is the neighborhood buck, and it seems he's always sitting on their back hill - and Monday there were additions, three other deer sitting and walking around. Just tells me Christmas is coming. Well, really Winter but I like the Christmas thing better.

Thanks Barbara for the great pictures.

7 comments:

Just a thought said...

In my younger and more robust days, I loved to hunt. Yes, I have shot, killed, more than one deer. I have always enjoyed watching them in the mountains. Their grace of movement, the regal way they hold their head and their speed.
David, “As the heart pantath after the water brook, so pantath my soul after thee Oh God.”
Great picutres!!

Mervi

Chandra said...

sigh. I thought your title said A Dead Dear. And my heart dropped. You'll have to read my latest blog to understand my woe. :o/

Kathy McElhaney said...

How fun! I love seeing God's wild creatures near my home. I was listening to coyotes "sing" as I ran this morning.

Jason & Leah said...

Sis Hopper,
The deer is beautiful! I had a great time with your daughter this past weekend (even though she was sick).
Love you,
Leah

Karen J. Hopper said...

Mervi, Chandra, Kathy & Leah,
I am so into the Christmas thing right now. Got my mind spinning with ideas. Isn't it strange what a picture can do. heehee (ho ho)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I would love to see this in my backyard. I'm afraid I wouldn't do much in the house.

Oh yeah! the Christmas thing... well can we have Thanksgiving first? I feel time flying out of my hands :)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
Christmas is already out in some stores. It is sad because we don't give Thanksgiving the proper attention it deserves. It is the time for family and thanks. Unfortunately it is the making of a "dollar" that wins out.