Friday, October 3, 2008

My Favorite Angler

Here's what's happening with my grandson, Preston. He really has a passion for fishing, and seems to be quite at home in the water. Living in Bend Oregon offers him an angler's paradise with the adjacent 100-plus lakes, streams and rivers. In these pictures, he is enjoying the attributes of fishing in the Fall, which many say is better than in any other season (water cools and fish feed before winter sets in).

This is one of the guys Preston was trying to desperately catch but it just sat there and snubbed its nose for a couple of hours. Crazy thing was that although it wouldn't bite at the bait right in front of its nose, when the bugs would land on the water it would jump up and eat them.

Keep on catching 'em Pres, and I'll try to make it up to enjoy a fish fry one of these days. By the way, You Are the Man, and definitely are my favorite fisherman.

6 comments:

DeadMule said...

Nice pictures, Karen. They remind me of a time when my parents had a tailer on the Grand Lake of the Cherokees in Oklahoma and my older son spent hours near the water. It was a peaceful place. This looks peaceful, too.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Now, that is a good looking angler :). Never could fish, probably because girls didn't LOL But I sailed!
BTW Nice big smart fish :)

(I went to your tag post}

Jana Allard said...

With a boy that good looking and spectacular scenery, you ought to be proud. Looks like it should be in Field & Stream magazine!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Helen,
It does look peaceful. It's times like this that make good memories for children.

Catherine,
Fortunately I had two boys and two girls so I learned to fish. However, the girls were just as good at fishing as the boys.

Jana,
From a child that was born and spent the first five years in San Francisco, he certainly has taken on being a sportsman for the last (almost) three. He is so much healthier and happier.

Jolene Harris said...

These pics remind me of Broken Bow Oklahoma on the 40 acres where I use to live when I was 16 years old. My brother did a lot of fishing there.

Beautiful Pics and one handsome grandson you got there Karen.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Jolene,
Don't you wish the same pleasant memories for grandchildren as we had when we were young. Preston's mom took the pictures, and she did a great job.