Monday, February 9, 2009

36 x 4 = 144 and more

Cupcakes, what would we do without them?


I remember making these yummy specialties for school parties. It was particularly fun baking them for Valentine’s Day. With four children, it could end up in preparing approximately 36 x 4 = 144 delightful treats. It was a fun time, conversing with my kids as they decided the most appropriate flavor, icing color, and novelty topping for their prized school event. (Oh and mustn't forget the ones for Sunday School class and the church youth parties - no wonder I favored boxed cake mixes).

Cupcakes were first created in the early 19th century. In fact, they were baked in a much smaller size than they are today, looking more like Petit Fours. It seems that time has super-sized them (unfortunately many of us have super-sized with them).

Don't know about you but this post has me longing for a cupcake. If you'd like one too, - let's get out our favorite recipe (or cake mix?) and stir up, bake, then majestically ice these treats to offer to others as a symbol of extending our hearts to others.

7 comments:

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Sis Hopper just wait til Tracie sees this cupcake thing....

Tracie Smith said...

I love cupcakes! If you have a chance visit charminghospitality.blogspot.com
You've inspired me! I hope you can enjoy a cupcake this week.

Just a thought said...

Here I sit looking at a display of pastries! Will I guess I’ll buy, I hope just one, and move on.

Mervi

Kathy McElhaney said...

So what day should we come over to pick up our cupcakes??

Susan Hill said...

Yuuuummmm, you certainly have me craving!!

Karen J. Hopper said...

To All,
Think we need to have a Cupcake Party. As for you Kathy, not sure you should come by for a batch. Remember, on your blog, you are always showing us the healthy food you fix - right? LOL

Kathy McElhaney said...

I fix those healthy meals so I CAN have a cupcake from time to time!! LOL