Saturday, February 7, 2009

de Young Museum

If you love art in various forms, a trip to the de Young Museum in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park is a must. We enjoyed such a visit while mixing it in with hubby's medical appointments. Here's a little of what you can see at the newly constructed museum which opened last year. I thought its old building was great but when moving from room to room in the new building I was overtaken with its arts' beauty and the building's craftsmanship. And don't forget to go to the 9th floor of the Tower to see the sweeping view of the City.


4 comments:

iluv2prshim said...

That is amazing! You have convinced me to take the hour drive up there and see it. :) Wow!

Just a thought said...

Sorry, we missed the museum on our last trip to UCSF. We did enjoy the afternoon the Museum of Science great time and lots of pictures. Will try to post tehm this week.

Mervi

Linda Elms said...

Wish I could take an "hour" and drive to San Francisco! Ya'll have it "good, good, good"! :)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Ronda & Linda,
You would love the museum. It has all favors of art. I only quickly exited one room as it was something I did not like BUT the next room brought peaceful and great.

Mervi,
Gene & I plan to go to the newly finished Academy of Sciences next visit. I want to go up on the roof to see the grass, mounds and flowers there. While at the de Young's observation tower, we could look across and see the Academy's roof.