Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mailing My Heart

Yesterday I mailed my heart to my precious grandchildren in the form of Valentines. Don't know about you but I love writing a little something on the cards while putting a little something inside (which 'little something' I'm sure really pleases my grandkids). After I got through readying my heart(s), I started thinking of the various sizes, designs and messages of Valentine cards. There are a lot!

Well, my mind swirled back 55-60 years to when I was a kid (yeah, believe or not, I was one at one time). Back then, when you bought a package of Valentine cards, each had a different design and message. It made for hard decisions as you had to select the proper one for each classmate (fit the personality, you know). However, no problem in picking the teacher's card as the pack always had one labeled "Teacher".

Oh how I love Valentines! What delight! It makes me want to take you down my memory's lane of great old cards.


Why not mail your HEART to special someone.

7 comments:

Susan Hill said...

Very sweet post! My heart is definately full right now! I think I'll share it!

Just a thought said...

Karen:
I am a Great-grand-father!
I have a stack of Valentines cards, here on my desk, to make ready for the mail.
YES!! I am a sentimental old man.

Mervi

But I like it :-)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I love old time Valentines. Impromptu changes in my schedule keeps me from going home to my stack of cards. Guess I'll have to find some here (thrift store is the place to find oldies!).
Thanks for this post.

Carol Connell said...

I love those old fashioned Valentine cards. (especially the one about loving you batter) I'm sure your grandchildren will enjoy their heart felt Valentines.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Susan, Mervi, Catherine & Carol,
There is something about "Love" and the "Heart" that bring happiness to the soul. BTW: Cards that were mailed had USPS Valentine stamps affixed. Couldn't let any ordinary stamp grace the envelope.

April Renee said...

Your grandkids are very blessed to have you!!!
April

April Renee said...

Your grandkids are very blessed to have you!!!
April