Thursday, August 14, 2008

Color It With Love

I've been wondering, do others see God's love in my life? Oh, how I long for my life to be such that others would desire to know Him. Here's my prayer this day....

May my life be a portrait of devotion
A picture of divine making
Using hues carefully mixed by time
Reflecting the framework of God’s mercy

May I create a design magnifying glory
Brushing in strokes of understanding
Splashes of joy and laughter
Detailing each gentle moments spent

May I paint a picture of sacred holiness
Preserving each mysterious segment
Embellishing my eternal goal on canvas
May my life Lord, be colored with your love

6 comments:

Susan Hill said...

May my life, be colored with His love!!!

Rochelle said...

This is beautiful. I too, want my life to be colored by Him.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Susan & Rochelle
To be like Jesus - I believe that's what it is all about.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Love...
Great poem!

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
What a beautiful poem Thanks for sharin it with us.
As His light shines through us, may it reflect the color of His love for all to see His beauty.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
Thank you.

Shannon,
I wanted to write a poem that would reflect my desire. Others must see Jesus in me, or I have failed in my Christian walk.