Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Like - No, I Love!

This song says it all for me today.

Long ago when but a child, at old camp meeting time
How my heart would fill with joy to hear the old bells chime
Calling all the saints of God into the house of prayer
Oh such singing, praying, preaching - for the Lord was always there.

I like (love) the old time preaching, praying, shouting, singing
I like (love) the old time reading of God's Word
I like (love) to hear those old time Glory, Hallelujahs ringing
I like (love) the old time worship of the Lord.

A watercolor painting of a camp meeting circa 1839

6 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I immediately started singing along!
Another verse talks about "under such old fashioned preaching, sinners knelt to pray"... I'm thankful I got the Holy Ghost at camp! Such great memories and I'm sure you're making more!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Kathy,
I'm enjoying every minute and making many more memories. At my age, I hope I can remember them. lol

Rochelle said...

I LOVE that song!! Sounds like God is pouring out His Spirit!!

Monica Hassas said...

Boo hoo! I am so sad we are not there this year AGAIN. I hope y'all having a wonderful time!

Just a thought said...

Those days or old have been a wonderful blessing!
I so enjoy the days at camp meeting, the teaching, the preaching, the singing and the shouting. But never leave out the fellowship of or with the family of our God, friends from all over and the time invested in making new friends.
Love the camp meeting!

Mervi

Karen J. Hopper said...

Rochelle,
Any time in God's presence is wonderful.

Monica,
Wish you were here. Kellee is talking a bunch of pictures for me, and I should be posting them sometime today (hopefully).

Mervi,
Camp meeting is God's Package of Blessings rolled into one. Yes, fellowship and family are added blessings.