Friday, August 22, 2008

Come, Enter with Me

There are times when my spirit desires to be lost in His wonder and glory - drawing as close as possible to Him - closing out life's whirlwind existence. What I need is to pray, to enter into my King's Palace. It's a wondrous place. Why not, come join with me this day and partake of His beauty.

Come with me into the King’s palace
Enter the gates with thanksgiving and praise
Feel His wondrous presence and majesty
Take time to stroll down its innumerable corridors
Bordered by tranquility and built on faith
His palace is a haven for the weary and heavy laden

Then let us delight in the sumptuous furnishings
Braids of silver and gold woven in elegant patterns
Exquisite tapestries gracefully hang along the walls
Their shades of blue proclaiming royalty abides
While precious jewels settle among the purples
His domain offers a vision of eternal splendor

Yes, this is a place of rest, of standing before the King
Love brushes past, making its way up the stairway
Steps designed to lift one above the cares of life
Honor and glory graciously welcome each guest
To the pageantry of this magnificent place
Come, partake in the blessings of the King’s palace.

5 comments:

Just a thought said...

OH to enter His courts and sit quietly in His wonderful presents, letting the caring and turmoil of the day be carried away. Many times the journey from where I am into His presents is allows me the time to prepare to come before Him.

Mervi

iluv2prshim said...

I love to be in His presence. Sometimes I will go by the church to just sit and be quiet in the sanctuary. It will "lift one above the cares of life".

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

To be in His presence and let Peace flood my soul. When pressure crowds my mind, that's really what I need.

Kari Morgan said...

Fullness of joy...who doesn't need that???

Karen J. Hopper said...

To All,
Aren't we blessed to enter into His presence, and know that the King truly cares for us. Like Kari said, it's "fullness of joy".