Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Building a Wall



Madison (top); Cassidy (in white) with friends (bottom)

This last weekend, my granddaughters, Madison & Cassidy, participated in the Mountain View Rock Church children's musical production, The Amazing Jerusalem Makeover. It was a story about Jerusalem's wall in ruins for 140 years; thus, leaving the city unprotected and its people discouraged. With the need of a makeover - not only to the wall, but in the hearts of its people - in comes Nehemiah (the right man for the job). Work proceeds on the rebuild but not without opposition - however, in the end, they overcome.

I love this picture with the hard hats. Very clever, and certainly adds a flair for fashion, doesn't it? (lol)

Madi & Cassidy: I've heard nothing but rave reviews, and am so proud of you. Would love to have been there to hear your beautiful voices and witness your savvy acting. You truly are my amazing girls!!!

6 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

This reminds me of the many dramas you directed through the years. Sis. Hopper, you were such a blessing! And you were directing adults - definitely more challenging than children!

Jolene Harris said...

Great pics!! Reminds me of the dramas my girls were in when they were young. Oh those were the days.

iluv2prshim said...

I love the pictures. Always good to see the grandkids involved in church. :)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Kathy,
I always loved doing in particular the Easter dramas, and it was so challenging to get adults break out of their shells and get into the emotion of the part. However, now I enjoy watching, and can feel for those in charge.

Jolene,
My kids grew up with church dramas, and each ended with a unique talent from them. And when our kids were young and it was our duty to have them involved, YES, "those were the days" - wonderful days.

Ronda,
Thought I was proud as punch when it was my children (and I was) but when it is the grandchildren - what a overwhelming joy comes.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I love to see kids doing parts, they are so cute. Off course grandchildren take the cake!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
It is so refreshing about children being involved in God's business. Their innocence and enthusiasm are amazing.