Monday, June 29, 2009

One Flaw In Women

I received this email from a dear friend this morning, with a kind personal word. I had to share it although I'd already posted today. It's for the women in my life whether family, friends, church sisters, blogger friends, neighbors, etc., that have touched my life. It's called One Flaw in Women.

Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and carry burdens, but hold love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream, and sing when wanting to cry.
They cry when happy, and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in, and stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer if there's a better solution.
They go without so their family can have.

Women love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel, and cheer when friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies, and grieve the loss of family.
Yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.

Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run, text, or e-mail you
to show you how much they care.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
They bring joy, hope and love, yet have compassion and ideas.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give.

However, if there is ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,
it's that they forget their worth.

Thank you Lord for giving me special women in my life that make me the person I am meant to be, and loving me when I'm unloveable.

4 comments:

April Renee said...

Beautiful!!!!
Love ya lots

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Awesome poem.. thank you for passing on.

DeadMule said...

Hi Karen, What a great post.

Karen J. Hopper said...

April, Catherine & Helen,
Thanks so much. It speaks to the heart, doesn't it? When my friend emailed it to me, it really touched my being.