Thursday, July 30, 2009

Believe It? Believe It!!!



It’s the old Ship of Zion. . .it's the hope for the lost and the dying
It’s the soul saving station. . .it's the joy of my salvation
Well it’s the church triumphant oh lord. . .and it's built by the hand of the Lord.

I’m talking about a church in the Book of Revelation
It's built on the rock got a firm foundation
It's been through the flood, it’s been through the fire
and one of these days the church is going to move up higher
It’s the church triumphant oh lord. . .and it's built by the hand of the Lord

It's been through the flood. . .but the flood couldn’t harm it
It's been through the fire. . .but the fire couldn’t burn it
Been fed to the lions. . .but the lions couldn’t eat it
Fought a lot of wars. . .but never been defeated
It’s the church triumphant. . . and it's built by the hand of the Lord.

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I got chills singing along with this one! I can hear the "Echoes of Pentecost Choir" singing it.

The great thing about these old songs - they're still true today. I'm so glad the Church will always be Triumphant because it's built by the hand of the Lord!!

Carol Connell said...

Karen,

You sure are making me homesick for the hymns. We do sing some hymns at our church, but I would love to sing more. My daughter, who is the only pianist we have(with the exception of another 10 year old girl who is taking piano and plays once a month during the offering)finds it difficult to play them, but she is working on playing more. I just love the depth of those old songs. Thanks for the ones you've been sharing here.

April Renee said...

I so remember this song!!! It is an awsome reminder of where we are going and that the Church of Jesus Christ wins!!!!!!!

Tracie Smith said...

Encouraging song!!! Love it still...