Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bye, Bye


The time has come when more of my family is moving from California. It brings mixed emotions of sadness and happiness. I'm sad at their moving but happy to see the excitement in their faces because of the opportunities in taking on the challenges of their transplant to Louisiana, and being near Barbara's family. Well, everything is in order: property in Belmont CA sold, properties in Louisiana already purchased, plans for a new house being finalized, and Madi & Cassie already enrolled in school back there. Barbara, Madi & Cassie fly out of SFO this morning, with Cameron starting back Wednesday (his work will have him spending time in Louisiana and San Francisco). I pray only the best for them.

To My Kids: Praying you have a safe trip, and want to say that I love you all dearly.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, my goodness! That will be quite an adjustment! Maybe we can all follow them out there?

Kathy McElhaney said...

Wow, I know this is hard for you! Your kids are really spread out - California, Oregon and Louisiana are about as far apart as California, Indiana and Tennessee (where Les' siblings and parents live).

iluv2prshim said...

I can relate to the "spread out" family. With Linda and Karla in Texas it makes our times together extra sweet. I know you all will find those times to be together too.

April Renee said...

Wow!!!That's a big move!
Praying it all works out..
you too, like empty nest all over again....

Gayla said...

Well, look at it this way. Now, you have another place to visit. (Just make sure it's not in the summer. LA in the summer is worse than here! I know from YEARS of experience.) I understand your happy/sad feelings, though...

Linda Elms said...

Where in Louisiana? I feel for you as they leave you. You'll need to come visit them and enjoy a little of the South!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I haven't experience this yet. But I know the day will come... Whatever the Lord has, it will be ok. In the meantime, your heart hurts. I'm sorry about that. But like Linda says, you now have a reason to visit the South!
God bless you Sister.

Karen J. Hopper said...

To All,
Thank you for your comments. I'm adjusting. Knew the day would come but it always comes sooner than expected. Now I've got to figure out a great scenic route our house in Nipomo California to DeRidder Louisiana (Cameron clan) to Bend Oregon (Alisha gang). I know that it can be scenic to San Francisco California to see Kellee (Highway One).

Debbie Pryor said...

Sounds like you have lots of places to visit. Praying for you! Now, they get to come see you in the beautiful city of Nipomo.