Thursday, July 16, 2009

Could It Go to Your Head?

Was reading the San Francisco electronic news the other day, and saw pictures of the latest rage. It's Hats. Yep, hats are taking center stage in all shapes, sizes and fabrics. It all stems from the January 2009 Presidential Inauguration. Few people had their heads covered that day despite the cold. However, the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, did - topping her outfit with a dove-gray wool chapeau, dominated by a giant bow set off at an angle and lined in sparkling Swarovski crystals. The hat was an instant sensation. Even before Ms. Franklin had finished singing “My Country, Tis of Thee” on the inaugural podium the orders were coming in.

So it is with this that we find ourselves in the midst of a sea of millinery splendor. Take a peek at some of the latest offerings, and I'll let you be the judge of whether hats is where it's at.


5 comments:

DeadMule said...

Entire anthologies of poems have been written concerning Artha's Hat. She has style.

Kathy McElhaney said...

I personally love the shoe hat best!! I wonder what kind of looks I would get if I wore it the next time I direct the choir??

April Renee said...

ummmm, don't think so!!!
Hats are not in for me!! Some of them are YUCK!!!!!
LOL

Debbie Pryor said...

After reading about hats, I thought about the one I have tucked away in a box in my closet. I think maybe this fall I should wear it to church. :)

Linda Elms said...

Oh my.....LOL!