Thursday, January 3, 2008

Give Me A Heart to See

Resolutions for the New Year swirl through my head. For me, it is really important to make my resolutions count this year. Don't want ones that will drop by the wayside in a few weeks. I am bent on not resolving to lose weight (although that would make my doctor happy, and me too), or to cut up my credit card (would make my husband happy, but not sure about me), or to floss three times a day (would make my dentist happy, and Delta Dental). My resolutions must center upon seeing life as never before. So, here I go . . . .

Give Me A Heart to See
▸ a light shining in the darkness of night
▸ laughter coming from deep within an anguished cry
▸ a smile upon a face blanketed by a frown
▸ innocence upon the sheets of evil doing
▸ a twinkle in the eyes of blindness
▸ genuine prayer kneeling before an atheistic altar
▸ truth’s cancellation of deceit’s documents
▸ exquisite packages wrapped in newsprint and tied with string
▸ You Lord, even when faith wavers and the way is rough


Please Lord, in 2008 Give Me a HEART to SEE.

12 comments:

DeadMule said...

How lovely, Karen. Love, Helen

Kevin Hopper said...

A wonderful post! If you keep all your resolutions and see them through the year you will be a new lady! LOL!! But we do need a heart after God!

Rochelle said...

Me too, Lord. Me too.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I love the way you wrote this.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Helen, so good to have you drop by. It is wonderful that we can have a heart after the Lord. Your posts speak so much of the fruits that He wants us to have. Enjoy them all. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kevin, my reasoning behind a Heart to See was that the only way I can truly be productive for Him is to see through the heart, My mouth, my eyes, my hands, my feet are mine - my heart belongs to Him, and since He resides there, it will allow me to see what He wants me to see.

Rochelle, have a blessed weekend. And remember Monday is the 7th - your post even had me excited to go to school.

Catherine, in reading your blog, I believe you are one that has a heart to see. It is exciting to walk in that path, isn't it?

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

You made me cry, right now. What would I do without the Lord?
"I feel the touch of Hands so kind and tender
They're leading me in the paths that I must trod
I'll have no fear for Jesus walks besides me
And I'm sheltered in the arms of God"

I use to sing that song - I feel that way.

Jana Allard said...

Incredible post. Best yet. Thanks for sharing.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine, your heart is seeing songs to refresh your spirit. Keep on singing.

Jana, thank you for your words, and for being such a good friend and support. You are one in a million.

Anonymous said...

Amen. Beautiful--and a beautiful blog.

Anonymous said...

Justme, thank you for your comments. It was so nice to have you visit my blog - please drop by again sometime.

Anonymous said...

Karen--

This post is beautiful and deeply moving.

Thank you.

shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

Karen J. Hopper said...

Sis Shirley, thank you for your comment. I feel extremely honored.