Monday, February 18, 2008

Be A Mountain Mover

When will our mountains be removed? I really don't know. However, there is a Chinese proverb that says, "The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

How true that is. It speaks volumes of how we must remove each obstacle a piece at a time in order to accomplish victory's results. Everyday, if we pick up a small pebble of hurt, discouragement, or whatever stockpiled in our heart and put it in God's wheelbarrow, He will carry it away. And in so doing, our mountains will soon become ant hills.

However, on occasion, an unseen Hand will remove a boulder or two without any assistance from me or you. He does care, and will move our mountains if we take the first step. It is our responsibility to take the first step; that is, if we want our hurts removed and not continue to dwell on them. The choice is ours.

"Remove hence to yonder place and it shall move…" Matt 17.20

9 comments:

Chandra said...

I believe the key word in your post is choice. When we make up our mind to obey and actually proceed to take action, God will honor that belief/obedience. :O)

Chandra

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Taking the first step... God is so good to help us, if we only start.
I don't remember much of the song I heard but it talked about taking the first step, not knowing the way - and not seeing the way.

goodstewards.wordpress.com said...

You write such beautiful devotionals!

DeadMule said...

Great post, Karen. I think God expects us to do what we can. God no more wants to do our jobs that He expects us to do His. Love, Helen

Rochelle said...

Beautiful words. I remember when my mom was in the hospital after a horrible car accident and I read the book, "Does He Still Move Mountains." Your post reminded me of it and how wonderful He is to me. And yes... it is about choice. A beautiful choice to trust Him!

Jana Allard said...

Faith without works.... Yes, it is up to us. Little by little.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Chandra,
Yes, how important it is that we make the right choice to obey and step out.

Catherine,
I love the song, "God said if you'll take one step, He'll take two".

Jaime,
Thank you for such kind words.

Helen,
Your comments are so true. Never had really thought of it that way but it is something I plan to remember.

Rochelle,
I have found in tragedy we more carefully make choices and step toward Him.

Jana,
Oh yes, Faith without works will never move our mountains. Excellent thought, much appreciated.

Just a thought said...

I lifted these few words form your blog to express my feeling. There was an incident in my life close to seventeen years ago when He picked up more than few boulders for me. And then He took the time to both lift me and hold me close to Him for several days.

“However, on occasion, an unseen Hand will remove a boulder or two without any assistance from me or you. He does care,”

The main point is that HE does care for those who clutch His Name close to their heart!

Mervi

Karen J. Hopper said...

Mervi,
Your words ring so true. Not only lifting us, but holding us close. He is a Mountain Mover with a gentle touch.