Friday, February 8, 2008

His Tasting Room

While in San Francisco this week, my husband and I decided to visit Napa Valley. The roads along the way were dotted with a host of wineries - their tasting rooms beckoning the traveler to enter in and partake of their special blends. It was then that I began to think of my own journey, its roads passing by many a trial, many a burden, many a hardship - but then, there it was, God's own tasting room beckoning me to enter in and partake of His special blessings. Yes, in my little adventure for the day, He reminded me that in life's various valleys, He has a room prepared for me to partake of His goodness and mercies. All I must do, is enter into His presence.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good"
Isa 5.1


5 comments:

Rochelle said...

I haven't been to Napa Valley in a long time. And what a beautiful reminder of how God has a place of safetly and restoration just for us. He is ALWAYS there. Beautiful reminder.

goodstewards.wordpress.com said...

What an encouraging thought!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

The best part is that we can"drink" all we want. Once a taste of God - nothing else will suffice.
Beautiful words.

iluv2prshim said...

"Sweet honey in the rock".

Karen J. Hopper said...

Rochelle, your words "safety and restoration" so adequately fit His special place for us.

Jaime, thank you.

Catherine, isn't it wonderful that He doesn't limit our intake. We can truly "drink" all we want.

Ronda, I always loved those words. What a thought for a post.