Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

My husband’s birthday is quickly approaching, and my mind is taking flight as to just what cake would be appropriate. Should it have the looks, the taste, the pizzaz, or the ?? Well, I started looking around, and what great looks are out there. However, I think I’ll just hit the bakery to view their specialties - and make my decision then.

The upcoming event took me back to a poem I wrote a few years ago about a (you guess).

Such a small one upon the mound,
Prominently stationed on its portion of ground.
Its relatives, each notably positioned in place,
Stalwartly basking in their reserved space.

The moment’s intense, yet so much aglow,
A velvety mixture delivering pleasantries below.
Clothed in a white coat, trimmed with pink roses,
The celebration of a lifetime now strikingly poses.

With radiant smile, my friend prepares for the end,
Knowing that after the wish will come a strong wind.
For substance is not any match for what’s at stake,
Being Host to a confectionery extravaganza, soon with slices to taste.

No comments: