Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hot Wheels & Things

Since only one of the children was home for Christmas, we decided to mix things up, and here is part of the results. The slide is of Petersen Museum in Los Angeles which has an actual Hot Wheel section but WOW the other cars from antique to new age were "Hot" Wheels too (and motorcycles too). Then we went to the Wally Parks NHRA Museum (my hubby is an old drag racer so it was his "cup of tea" because he had raced with many shown there). However, if you've ever been and are a car lover, the Petersen place is great for auto history. If you don't like cars, try Michael Levine's in the Fabric District L.A. for great material at reasonable prices. (Daughter Kellee hit the jackpot there - sorry no pics from there). Tomorrow, I will post more from our trip, which bypassed Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, and Universal Studios (we wanted to do something different).



5 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Now that looks like fun!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Kevin Hopper said...

Great pictures! I called my dad over and he enjoyed the slides as well.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Jana,
It was fun. Sometimes it is good to get "out of the box".

Kevin,
I am sure Dale enjoyed the pictures, and I know he would enjoy the museums. Perhaps he may have time to go this spring trip out to California.

Mindy said...

Oh my husband would be in heaven! I'll have to remember this and plan to go next time we're down that way.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Mindy,
Oh yes, Rod would love this place. It is a man's earthy "heaven". And your son would really enjoy the Hot Wheel section. I enjoyed it all but the travel trailer section I enjoyed the most.