Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Observing Life's Tides


"…in life, grief flows continuously in and out of happiness, and happiness in and out of grief."

I will not elaborate as to why I posted this thought today but my heart is heavy for ones whose joy has been interrupted. Yes, I’ve rejoiced on the mountaintop with them, and now it is time for me to walk beside them in the valley - offering a gentle touch, a kind word, a whisper of hope, and a special prayer.

Look around; there has to be someone who needs your encouragement this day.

3 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

What a true statement. Sis. Hopper, I don't know the situation, but I know you and you've walked through many valleys of your own, so I know you'll be a help to the one in need.

Just a thought said...

Seems like I have read somewhere about a time to live, a time to die. A time to be well, a time for sickness. A time to rejoice and a time to not rejoice. YES! Live does ebb and flow. It will ebb over use and all we can do it seems is struggle with the ebb. Then it will flow, soft, gentle washing away some of this pains. Your blog has cause Mervi to sit and think a little more about my point in life and how can I be more helpful to those I come in contact with.
May God bless your day:
Mervi

Karen J. Hopper said...

Kathy & Mervi,
I love this quote because there is so much truth in it. In life, joy and sorrow are inseparable.